For your convenience, many of the products we link too are affiliate links which means we may earn money if you purchase a product we recommend.
Fatherhood is no easy task. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, patience, and love. No one is perfect, parenting takes a lot of trial and error. Check out these quotes on fatherhood, some serious, some lighthearted, to get you motivated and give you a laugh. Being a good dad can be tough at times, but it is the best job in the world.
Best Fatherhood Quotes:
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” ― Reed Markham
- “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” ― Barack Obama
- “The best way of training the young is to train yourself at the same time; not to admonish them, but to be seen never doing that of which you would admonish them.” ― Plato
- Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it.” ― Mike Myers
- “Some dads liken the impending birth of a child to the beginning of a great journey.” ― Marcus Jacob Goldman
- “If there is any immortality to be had among us human beings, it is certainly only in the love that we leave behind. Father like mine don’t ever die.” ― Leo Buscaglia
- “Every dad, if he takes time out of his busy life to reflect upon his fatherhood, can learn ways to become an even better dad.” — Jack Baker
- “Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice.” ― Charles Kettering
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” ― Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” ― Jim Valvano
- “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him—or leave him for your own home—it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” ― Margaret Truman
Funny Quotes on Fatherhood:
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” ― Tim Russert
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” ― Steve Martin
- “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” ― Ray Romano
- “There should be a children’s song: ‘If you’re happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let dad sleep.’” ― Jim Gaffigan
- “For fatherhood advice, try to look your child in the eye… get to know their name; that becomes important when you want something. And remember to feed them. That’s about all you need.” ― Will Ferrell
- “Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.” ― Jon Stewart
John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA, FACEP is an emergency physician by avocation and entrepreneur at heart. He is an author, speaker, serial student, airline transport pilot and multidisciplinary entrepreneur, who has founded and operated several multi-million-dollar businesses.
Throughout all of his endeavors, John has maintained a relentless drive to help people rescript their future and reach their full potential.
His multifaceted experience as a physician, attorney, speaker and entrepreneur gives him rare insight into what makes a business succeed.
Over the years, John has come to realize that successful businesses don’t just happen. They succeed as a result of strong leadership, learning from failures and a well-executed business plan. An efficient organization is built on lean practices, proactive teams, a positive work environment and a solid foundation for continued growth.